European Vegetation Survey
European Vegetation Survey (EVS) is a Working Group of the International Association for Vegetation Science (IAVS), uniting plant ecologists interested in vegetation survey and classification in Europe and beyond.
The purposes of EVS are:
- to develop common data standards in the provision of phytosociological information about vegetation;
- to encourage national programmes of vegetation survey across Europe and beyond;
- to develop software and an electronic network for vegetation data exchange;
- to produce an overview of European vegetation;
- to organize scientific meetings;
- to encourage international research collaborations in vegetation survey;
- to support publications on concepts, methods and results of vegetation survey in Europe and beyond.